Checklist: 12 Steps to Get Comfortable in Your New Las Vegas Home After Relocation
LAS VEGAS, NV – Once you’ve unpacked your last box and organized your belongings in your new home, the most strenuous part of your relocation is finished. However, your move is not quite complete until you handle some essential tasks that will help you settle comfortably. Use this list of practical steps after you arrive in your new living environment:
Making Home Improvements
First, thoroughly inspect your new property to see if there are any necessary repairs or improvements you should tackle.
- Look for repairs and improvements you can DIY, such as painting the walls, replacing faucets, and changing out cabinet hardware.
- Consider hiring a professional to clean your furniture. Search for “professional furniture cleaning near me” and read reviews to find a trustworthy cleaner.
- Tend to your property’s curb appeal. Making upgrades to your landscaping, pressure washing and painting the siding, painting the front door, and other minor projects can make a big difference.
- Boost the security of your household and property by installing a smart security system.
Knocking Out the Necessities
Make sure you get these essential tasks out of the way soon after arriving at your new home:
- Find a DMV office nearby to update your license and registration.
- Register your new address with the post office, and confirm that your mail is being forwarded to the correct location.
- Make a list of all the local contacts you need handy should an emergency occur.
- Learn about state and local taxes and other costs of living so you can prepare a budget.
Settling Into the Community
Finally, it’s time to get to know your neighborhood and community so that you can truly settle in!
- Help your child transition smoothly into their new school routine.
- Meet the neighbors. Throwing a housewarming party and taking gifts door to door are a couple of the surest methods!
- Pick up a local newspaper or magazine to learn about your new community.
- Make a plan for trying out as many local restaurants and coffee shops as you can in the first month.
If you’re like most people after a move, you want to settle into your new home and community as soon as possible. The tips and resources above will help you do just that. After tackling home repairs and improvements, taking care of administrative tasks, and exploring your neighborhood and city, you’ll be primed to comfortably kick off your new chapter.
Shelter Realty is a Real Estate and Property Management Company specializing in the areas of Henderson, Las Vegas and North Las Vegas, NV. Feel free to give us a call at 702.376.7379 so we can answer any questions you may have.
About the Author
Tony Sena is broker/owner of Shelter Realty in Las Vegas Nevada. For more than a decade Tony and his partners have provided residential real estate and property management services to sellers, buyers, investors, and property owners in the Las Vegas Valley. A Las Vegas native and former police officer for the City of Henderson, Tony brings to the table a unique local perspective that continues to serve his clients well.